García, Guerin to Advise on CSU Chancellor Selection
Sept. 27, 2012
Cal State Fullerton President Mildred García and Diana W. Guerin, professor of child and adolescent studies and chair of the California State University Academic Senate, have been appointed by the chair of the CSU Board of Trustees to advise the board and the Special Committee for the Selection of the Chancellor when they meet in closed session Oct. 3 to review candidates to succeed Charles B. Reed as chancellor.
García and Guerin will be joined by:
- David Allison, a Cal State San Bernardino student and president of the California State Student Association
- Vonetta Augustine, a Cal State Long Beach student affairs staff member
- Herb Carter, former CSU trustee
- Guy Heston, chair of the CSU Alumni Council and Cal State Long Beach alumnus
- James Postma, past chair of the CSU Academic Senate and Cal State Chico professor of chemistry
- James M. Rosser, president of Cal State Los Angeles
The Special Committee for the Selection of the Chancellor will meet from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. The external group of CSU stakeholders, who are subject to the closed-session requirements, will be included in the morning session. The full board will convene from 1 to 3 p.m. in closed session.
On May 24, Chancellor Reed announced his plan to retire, following a 14-year tenure with the CSU and said he will remain until the board selects the next chancellor.