Bringing Business Expertise Into the Classroom
Corporate Leaders Serve as 'Professors for a Day'
Nov. 8, 2012
Nearly 50 business leaders from banking, accounting, management and retail are stepping into the role of "Professors for a Day" next week at Cal State Fullerton.
Wednesday, Nov. 14, and Thursday, Nov. 15 (schedule available upon request)
Steven G. Mihaylo Hall, Cal State Fullerton
800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton, 92831
Among the guest professors, many of whom are CSUF alumni, are:
- France Dixon Helfer (B.A. biological science '78), president and chief executive officer, Halo Healthcare, Inc., of Irvine
- Joe Hernandez, senior vice president, City National Bank
- Alex Lopez (B.A. business administration-marketing '04), chief operating officer, Atlantis Eyecare, Anaheim
- Steven G. Mihaylo (B.A. business administration '69), chief executive officer, Crexendo Inc.
- Julie Mirza (B.A. business administration-finance '01), director of private client group, Succession Capital Alliance, Newport Beach
- Geoff Payne (B.A. business administration-finance '80), president, Tahiti Partners Properties Corp., Long Beach
- Nazih Yehya (B.A. business administration-finance'03), partner, New York Life Insurance
Participants will be addressing students enrolled in a variety of courses, including those in the subjects of: accounting, business communications, compensation, critical thinking, insurance, finance, marketing, microeconomics, organizational behavior, real estate investments and taxation.
Pamela McLaren, 657-278-4852