csuf news service
Dec. 6 Carol Candlelight Event Raises Scholarship Funds
Nov. 27, 2013
Cal State Fullerton’s Music Department and Music Associates are presenting the annual Carol Candlelight Dinner & Concert Dec. 6. Proceeds from the event, featuring a holiday performance by CSUF’s Concert Choir, conducted by Christopher Peterson, professor of music, benefit student scholarships.
Friday, Dec. 6, 2013
Cal State Fullerton, Titan Student Union, Portola Pavilion
800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton, 92831
The Concert Choir is a 55-member mixed ensemble composed primarily of students majoring in music. The ensemble performs throughout Southern California, and has toured nationwide and in Canada and Hawaii. For the past few years, the singers have represented CSUF at the Pacific Southwest Intercollegiate Choral Association Festival of Choirs. The students performing at the Carol Candlelight event are:
- Sopranos Areli De La Torre, Juliet Kidwell, Sitong (Crystal) Liu, Emily Lumley, Gina Maldonado, Laura Peake, Megan Ralston, Tate Chu, Marilyn Newell, Kim Nason, Mikki Pagdonsolan, Emma Reynolds, Kaitlin Smith and Eunbyul (Stella) Yi;
- Altos Greta Baker, Alyssa Maddock, Gabrielle Newman, Krysta Rebensdolf-Hesse, Rebecca Salazar, Lauren Scudder, Teri Young, Mary Collom, Dalia Cruces, Natalie Davila, Brandon Harris, Bradley Sharpe, Brieanna Uhleman and Lisette Zamora;
- Tenors Eric Ayala, Rod Bagheri, Lucas Der Mugrdechian, Alan Garcia, Logan Givan, Isaac Manriquez, James Atkins, Zach Churchill, Jimmie Diaz, Jonny Dolan, Maxx Sanner, Joshua Small, Brandon Smart and Topher von Kolen;
- Baritones Ryan Clippinger, Carlos Correa, Robert Davis, Jeffrey Ledón, Keith Morton, Kevin Phan and Tanner Wilson; and
- Bass singers Andy Ball, Dino Battaglia, Art Duran, Juan-Jose Garcia, Eunsung Lee, John Pacheco, Adrian Rangel-Sanchez and Joshua Young
Holiday music the Concert Choir will sing includes: “Here We Come A Caroling,” “Joy to The World,” “Carol of the Bells,” “Jingle Bells” and “Silent Night.” In addition, soprano Patricia A. Prunty and tenor Mark J. Goodrich, associate professors of music, also will perform.
“The Carol Candlelight Dinner & Concert is a labor of love for the Music Associates and features a beautiful meal, along with a performance by one of our university choral ensembles,” said Robert M. Istad, associate professor of music. “As CSU fees have increased, our scholarship funds have become more and more critical to the success of our students. This fundraiser is the biggest philanthropic event our Music Associates present all year, and its success is key to maintaining the nationally recognized excellence of our Music Department.”
Tickets are $125 each. Call Ann Steichen at 657-278-7124 or Renée Gillespie at 657-278-8683 to purchase tickets.
On-campus parking is free after 5 p.m. on Friday nights.