CSUF News Service
Dec. 6 Discussion Focuses on Race Relations in Higher Education
Nov. 26, 2013
"Courageous Conversations: Race Relations in Higher Education" is the topic of a Dec. 6 panel discussion open to faculty, staff and students. The event, sponsored by the Faculty Development Center, will be held from noon to 1:30 p.m. in Room 360 of the Pollak Library.
The panelists are:
- Julián Jefferies, assistant professor of reading
- Natalie Tran, associate professor of secondary education
- Miguel Zavala, assistant professor of secondary education
- Catalina Olvera, EPOCHS Project director
- Tami "Sunnie" Foy, interim director of CSUF's Office of Research Development
Matt Englar-Carlson, professor of counseling, will serve as the panel moderator. The panel will address the push to increase student and faculty diversity at university campuses, the "backlash" against perceived ethnic minorities, and how to recognize and deal with race issues. For more information, call 657-278-4722.