'Business Madness' 2013
Guest Speakers, Networking and Other Activities Offered
Feb. 28, 2013
Business students talk to representatives from more than 50 businesses and public agencies during a March 5 Career Fair in the Titan Student Union. The fair was part of Business Madness activities.
Business students will be exploring their career options, and hearing from business leaders and entrepreneurs about their pathways to success, during "Business Madness" March 4-7 at Cal State Fullerton. Public events include guest speakers, networking with professionals and a Business Career Expo.
Monday, March 4 – Thursday, March 7
Cal State Fullerton
800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton, 92831
Among the guest speakers are:
- Mark Ryan, vice president, affiliate marketing for Disney and ESPN Media Network, will make a presentation Monday, March 4, from 5:30-7 p.m. in the Titan Student Union's Portola Pavilion.
- Ivo Tjan, chairman and CEO of CommerceWest Bank and 1999 Cal State Fullerton business administration-marketing alumnus, speaks from 5-7 p.m. Monday March 4, in the TSU Portola Pavilion.
- Susan Meltzer, vice president, enterprise risk management for Aviva Canada, makes a presentation from 1-2:15 p.m. Wednesday, March 6, in Room 3230 of Mihaylo Hall.
- Heidi Golledge, CEO and cofounder of CareerBliss, speaks from 7-8 p.m. Wednesday, March 6, in the Titan Student Union's Legislative Chambers.
- Steven G. Mihaylo, CEO of Crexendo Inc., a Class of 1969 business administration graduate and namesake of the Mihaylo College of Business and Administration, as well as the building where the college is housed, will participate on Thursday, March 7. Students will have the opportunity to make sales pitches to the entrepreneur from 5 to 8:30 p.m. in the Titan Student Union's Portola Pavilion.
Anil Puri, dean of the Mihaylo College of Business Administration and Economics, will provide students with a review of the current year's economic forecast from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 5, in the Alvarado Room of the Titan Student Union.
The Business Career Expo on Tuesday, March 5, will feature representatives from more than 50 companies and agencies, including Northwest Mutual, Automobile Club of Southern California, Farmers Insurance, Frito-Lay Inc., Kohl's and Macy's department stores, DirecTV, Sherwin-Williams, Wells Fargo, UPS and ThyssenKrupp Aerospace. The 1- 4 p.m. event will be held in the TSU Portola Pavilion.
Business Madness is an annual student-operated program sponsored by the Business Inter-Club Council and various business-related organizations on campus.
The week's full schedule can be found online.
Pamela McLaren, 657-278-4852