Student Films to Be Screened
April 22, 2013
The poster for the student film, "Delivery," directed by Carlos Flores and produced by Luis Antonio Perez.
Short films directed by radio-TV-film majors and one Class of 2013 grad were selected for screening as part of the Collegiate Showcase of the Newport Beach Film Festival.
The screenings begin at 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 30, at The Studio at Sage Hill School, 20402 Newport Coast Dr., 92657. Tickets are $5 for the 70-minute program of all five shorts. Tickets can be purchased online or at the venue, 30 minutes prior to the screening.
Some of the student directors also produced or filmed the shorts, which range from 2/12 to 20 minutes in length:
- "Red Ribbon," produced and directed by January graduate Scott Kazan of Long Beach
- "Lucid 8," produced and directed by Amanda Campbell of Los Angeles
- "Lewis," directed by Mark Roe of Rancho Cucamonga, produced by Emily Hock of Sunnyvale
- "Delivery," directed by Carlos Flores of Santa Ana, produced by Luis Antonio Perez of Cudahy
- "Night Ride," photographed and directed by Gen Hernandez of Anaheim
Jacqueline B. Frost, professor of radio-TV-film, served as liaison to the festival. Funding for some of the films came from grants awarded by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association or Associated Students, Inc.
Additional information is available from the festival website.