Titan Pride Sends 10 Students to Research Competition
May 2, 2013
Ten students will represent Cal State Fullerton at the 27th annual CSU Student Research Competition May 10-11 at Cal Poly Pomona, where they will make oral presentations before juries of professional experts from corporations, foundations, public agencies, colleges and universities in California.
CSUF students and research project titles are:
- Laura Barron-Lopez (Corona), political science: "How Social Media is Changing the Game of Politics."
- Jenny Chang (Walnut), mathematics: "Robust Statistical Modeling of Neuronal Intensity Rates."
- Ashley Chui (Monterey Park), biochemistry:"Aggregation of Intrinsically Disordered Proteins: An Investigation of the Behavior of Stathmin Aggregated in the Presence of Ficoll 70."
- Andrea Duran (Brea), kinesiology: "Physical Activity Is Positively Associated With Bone Parameters in Children With Congenital Obesity Due to Prader-Willi Syndrome."
- Michelle Gevedon (Fullerton), geology: "Zircon Hafnium and Oxygen Isotopic Evidence for Major Compositional Variation in the Mesozoic Mantle Source Region of the Sierra Nevada Volcanic Arc."
- Richard Hastings (Brea), civil engineering: "Experimental Modeling of Rainfall and Seismic Events to Trigger Landslides."
- Mariann Howland (Fullerton), psychology: "Expressed Emotion in Mothers of Children With Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders."
- Suzanne Moubayed (Mission Viejo), civil engineering: "The Effects of Soil Modification With Shredded Rubber Tires."
- Kerianne Murphy (Ramona), biology, "The Impact of Age and Mate Quality on Resource Allocation in the House Cricket, Acheta domesticus."
- Charmaine Vannimwegen (Riverside), English: "Poetry and Science."