Retired Faculty Members Stay in Touch
July 9, 2013
Recently, several retired faculty members from the College of Communications gathered to reminisce, share details of what they have been doing since retirement and hear about new developments in the college. Welcoming the emeriti to campus were Dean William Briggs and Associate Dean Irene Matz, as well as John Reinhard, chair and professor of human communication studies, and Ed Trotter, interim associate vice president for undergraduate programs and professor of communications, both of whom plan to retire later this year.
Those attending included:
- Carolyn Johnson, associate professor emeritus of communications, 1972-2006
- Donald E. Kaplan, professor emeritus of speech communication, 1964-1982
- Wayne E. Overbeck, professor emeritus of communications, 1968-2003
- Norman R. Page, professor emeritus of human communication studies, 1972-2004
- Anthony T. Rimmer, professor emeritus of communications, 1987-2010
- Arden R. Thorum, professor emeritus of speech communication, 1973-2000
- Larry Ward, professor emeritus of radio-TV-film, 1976-2011
"This is the first year we have held a luncheon for our retired faculty members, and we hope to make this an annual event," said Matz. "It's a wonderful opportunity for us to catch up with our distinguished faculty members and share with them the changes in the college."