CSUF News Service
Faculty, Alumni and Student Publications
Nov. 3, 2014
Yuying Tsong, assistant professor of human services, co-authored the chapter "Buddhism and Taoism in the Lives of Asian American Women" in "Religion and Spirituality for Diverse Women: Foundations of Strength and Resilience" published in September by Praeger.
Angel Pineda, assistant professor of mathematics, is co-author of "Mathematics in Latin America and the Caribbean: So Much Happening, So Much to Do" published in Vol. 61, No. 9 of Notices of the American Mathematical Society.
Alumnus Gorge A. Romero '08, '13 (B.A., M.A. psychology) and Aaron T. Goetz, associate professor of psychology, co-authored "The Implicit Rules of Combat" in the October issue of Human Nature.
Hope Johnson, associate professor of biological science, co-authored the paper "Heterologous Expression and Characterization of the Manganese-Oxidizing Protein from Erythrobacter sp. Strain SD21" posted online Aug. 29 and published in the November issue of Applied and Environmental Microbiology. Her co-authors: Katherine Nakama, a former graduate student in her lab who is now interning at Sandia National Lab; current graduate student Michael Medina; former graduate student Ahn Lien, who now works at GenProbe; Jordan Ruggieri '13 (B.S. biological science - cell and development biology), who now works at Zymo Research; and former postbaccalaureate student Krystle Collins, who is now at Columbia Medical School.
Marcelo E. Tolmasky, professor of biological science, co-authored:
- "Genome Sequences of Two Carbapenemase-Resistant Klebsiella Pneumoniae ST258 Isolates" with students María Soledad Ramírez , , , , , , and . The item was posted in the May/June issue of the online journal Genome Announcements.
- "Inhibition of Aminoglycoside 6'-N-Acetyltransferase Type Ib by Zinc: Reversal of Amikacin Resistance in Acinetobacter Baumannii and Escherichia Coli by a Zinc Ionophore" with David L. Lin , , , and María Soledad Ramírez in the July 2012 issue of Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy.
- " Whole-Genome Sequence Analysis of the Naturally Competent Acinetobacter baumannii Clinical Isolate A118" with German M. Traglia, Katherina Chua, Daniela Centrón and María Soledad Ramírez. It was posted online Aug. 26 and published in Vol. 6, Issue 9 of Genome Biology and Evolution.
- "Plasmid-Mediated Antibiotic Resistance and Virulence in Gram-Negatives: the Klebsiella Pneumoniae Paradigm" with María Soledad Ramírez, German M. Traglia, David L. Lin and Tung Tran. The article was published in the Oct. 24 issue of Microbiology Spectrum.
- "High-Copy Bacterial Plasmids Diffuse in the Nucleoid-Free Space, Replicate Stochastically and Are Randomly Partitioned at Cell Division" with Rodrigo Reyes-Lamothe , , , , and . The item was posted online Oct. 16 and published in Vol. 42, Issue 2 of Nucleic Acids Research.