CSUF News Service
SafeSpace Training Available
Aug. 27, 2014
SafeSpace training — to help faculty, staff and students become more familiar with issues facing lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students — is being offered this semester by the Associated Students Inc. LGBT/Queer Resource Center.
The program also offers resources to help attendees serve this segment of the campus community.
SafeSpace training will be offered:
- Noon-2 p.m., Thursdays, Sept. 11, and Oct. 16, in the Titan Student Union's Alvarado Room A
- Noon-2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 7, in the TSU-Stearns Room
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Friday, Sept. 26, in Room 205 of University Hall
- 2-4 p.m., Monday, Nov. 17, TSU-Alvarado Room A
- 9-11 a.m., Wednesday, Dec. 3, TSU-Bradford Rooms AB
Advanced SafeSpace training is scheduled:
- Non-monosexual and fluid identities — noon-2 p.m., Friday, Oct. 24, in the TSU-Stearns Room
- Transidentity — noon-2 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 13, TSU-Heterbrink Rooms AB
Student ally training will be held:
- 6-8 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 24, in the TSU-Hetebrink Room B
- 6:30-8:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 8, in Pine Room 111 in the student residence halls
To sign up or for more information, email Brianna C. Sérráno.