CSUF News Service
Keeping Up to Date on Corporate Reporting
Sept. 2, 2015
Regulators from the Securities and Exchange Commission, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board and Financial Accounting Standards Board will cover the latest updates on financial reporting during a Friday, Sept. 18, conference sponsored by Cal State Fullerton's Center for Corporate Reporting and Governance. In addition, top trends shaping capital markets will be the focus of speakers from the private sector.
Keynote speakers are former U.S. Rep. John Campbell addressing "Regulations, Taxes and the Economy — What Will come out of Washington" and Douglas S. Ingram, board member, Pacific Mutual Holding Co,. on "Shareholder Activism."
Among the more than 20 speakers scheduled are:
- Jason Lee, member, Financial Reporting and Audit Task Force, SEC's Division of Enforcement
- Tom Linsmeier, board member Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Olivier C. Leonetti, executive vice president and CFO, Western Digital Corp.
- Craig Olinger, deputy chief accountant, SEC's Division of Corporation Finance
- David Rosenblum, board of directors, Hanmi Financial Corp.
- Kevin Stout, senior associate chief accountant, SEC
- Jeff Thomas, president, Liquidity Solutions, NASDAQ Private Market
- George Wilfert, deputy director, Office of Research and Analysis, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
Friday, Sept. 18
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
18000 Von Karman Ave., Irvine, 92612
Table of 10 is $3,600; half table, $1,800; individual, $400. Discounts offered for academic attendees and members of the California Society of CPAs, Financial Accounting and Compliance, Forum for Corporate Directors, Financial Executives International and Institute of Internal Auditors. Continental breakfast and lunch included. Continuing professional education credit (eight hours) available for full attendance.
The Haskell & White Corporate Reporting and Governance Academic Conference, "Blending Theory With Practice," will be held Thursday, Sept. 17, at the same location. This year's conference will focus on the blending of the theory of corporate and finance reporting with practice and will feature academics from across the country. Registration available online.