CSUF News Service
Campus Locations Go '24/7' or Extend Hours for Spring Finals
April 24, 2017
Whether it is 4 a.m., noon or midnight, students looking for a break from studies or a quiet place to focus have opportunities galore during spring finals.
The Pollak Library begins around the clock open hours beginning Tuesday, May 9, and continues until 9 p.m. Friday, May 19. The Student Genius Corner in the library will maintain the same hours and all student information technology services will be available, including short-term laptop rentals and smart group study rooms. To ensure the safety and security of the library, Titan Cards will be checked at library entrances between the hours of midnight and 6:30 a.m.
The Titan Student Union, including the Mainframe Computer Lounge, will keep its doors open 24/7 beginning at 7 a.m. Monday, May 8, and continues until 4 p.m. for the computer lounge and 5 p.m. for the building May 19.
Associated Students Inc. has planned an “All Night Road Trip” for May 8 through 19 with giveaways, free food, massages and puppies. Giveaways will be held 10-11 p.m. on Mondays, May 8 and 15 in Portola Pavilions.
Other scheduled activities:
- Motivation Monday, 9 a.m. Monday, May 15 — kick off finals week with breakfast, coffee and study materials right at the TSU entrance.
- Paint and Pastries, 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 16 — keep the creative juices flowing and energy high in the Underground Pub.
- Puppies and Pizza, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 17 — cuddle with cuteness and renew your spirit with some free pizza at the Becker Amphitheater.
- Massages, 10 p.m. to midnight Wednesday, May 17 — De-stress with massages in the Fireside Lounge.
Other facilities in the TSU and their hours:
- Information and services desk — 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. — May 8-12; 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. Saturday, May 13; 10 a.m. Sunday, May 14, to 5 p.m. May 19
- Titan Bowl & Billiards — 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. — May 8-11; noon to 8 p.m. Friday, May 12; noon to 8 p.m. Saturday, May 13; and 24/7 May 15 through 5 p.m. May 19. Closed Sunday, May 14.
Perhaps what students are looking for is some exercise before doubling down on books? The Student Recreation Center will be open from 6 a.m. to midnight Mondays through Thursdays, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fridays, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
Campus Resource Centers
The Asian Pacific American, Chicana/Chicano and LGBT Queer resource centers will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, May 8-11 and May 15-18. The African American Resource Center will be open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and the Titan Dreamers Resource Center from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the same time period.
Students attending the CSUF branch campus can focus their minds and study at the Library, Room 101. Library hours are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, 8 a.m to 4 p.m. Fridays, 7 am. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays. The Irvine Campus is located at 3 Banting, Irvine, 92618.