CSUF News Service
Faculty Receive Recognition for Service and Achievement
July 31, 2017
Among recent honors and awards given to Cal State Fullerton faculty members:
LaToya Green, a lecturer in human communication studies, received the 2017 Galentine Award. The award is named for Rebecca Galentine and recognizes an outstanding female debate coach in the Cross-Examination Debate Association, one who demonstrates service to programs, community building and competitive success. Green joined the campus in the fall of 2015 from Wake Forest University and is the director of debate.
Yuying Tsong, associate professor of human services, has been named the 2017 president-elect of the American Psychological Association’s Society for the Psychology of Women.
President Mildred García has conferred emeriti honors to the following individuals:
- Carol Ames, associate professor emeritus of communications, for 11 years of campus service
- Dennis Gaschen, lecturer emeritus in communications, in recognition of 23 years of service to the University
- Mabel Kung, professor emeritus of information systems and decision sciences, honoring 36 years of service
- Joan Levine, lecturer emeritus in special education, for 19 years of CSUF service
- Maijian Qian, professor emeritus of mathematics, honoring 25 years of University service
- Ernie Solheid, professor emeritus of mathematics, in recognition of 29 years of service