ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
NASA Grant Supports Interstellar Space Study
May 9, 2018
CSUF physics researchers Heidi Fearn and James F. Woodward were awarded a two-year $500,000 NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts Phase II grant to continue their research on space propulsion for human exploration missions in the future.
“If our concept is successful, it would revolutionize space exploration,” Fearn commented.
NASA selected projects through a peer-review process that evaluated innovation and technical viability. Phase II funding is awarded to the most successful Phase I fellows whose "ideas have the best possibility of changing the possible," according to NASA.
Other news in the Bravo column:
• Murals by CSUF arts grad Ruben Espinoza paying tribute to space exploration have been installed at Allan Hancock College’s Lompoc Valley Center.
• Anil Puri, director of the James and Jeanette Woods Center for Economic Analysis and Forecasting at Cal State Fullerton, received the Estrella Award for Lifetime Achievement from the Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Titan grad Rosalina Davis, and her husband, Raul, received the Estrella Award for Business of the Year, for their Placentia restaurant, Tlaquepaque.
• Nicholas Ryan Lazzareschi, pursuing a master’s degree in counseling from Cal State Fullerton, has received the NBCC Minority Fellowship Program-Youth and an $8,000 scholarship.
• ROTC donor Adriana Mraz was presented with the Cadet Command’s General William E. DePuy Award for her significant influence on the success of CSUF’s ROTC program.
• The Daily Titan, Cal State Fullerton’s student newspaper, has received 40 awards from 10 organizations during the 2017-18 school year.
Continue reading in the Orange County Register.