Cost of Attendance
CSU Trustees set the tuition charged to all students enrolled in degree and credential programs. The campus sets additional mandatory fees. Nonresidents of California pay these costs plus higher tuition. Tuition differs for undergraduate and graduate students. In 2009, the CSU instituted a professional fee for state-supported MBA and similar business graduate programs. Doctoral students pay a higher tuition fee, on a par with those attending the University of California.
Fall 2019 tuition and fees:
- $3,463 undergraduates enrolled in 7 or more units
- $2,257 undergraduates enrolled in 6 or fewer units
- $4,180 graduate students enrolled in 7 or more units
- $2,674 graduate students enrolled in 6 or fewer units
- $270 additional cost per unit for graduate students in the Mihaylo College of Business and Economics
- $3,922 credential program students enrolled in 7 or more units
- $2,524 credential program students enrolled in 6 or fewer units
- $6,511 doctor of education
- $8,227 doctor of nursing practice students
- Nonresident and international students pay the tuition and fees required of California residents plus $396 per unit per semester.
Tuition and fees vary by program for students enrolled in fall, spring, summer extension courses and winter session.
The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after fees are initially charged or initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees. All listed fees, other than mandatory systemwide fees, are subject to change without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by the Board of Trustees, the Chancellor, or the Presidents, as appropriate. Changes in mandatory systemwide fees will be made in accordance with the requirements of the Working Families Student Fee Transparency and Accountability Act (Sections 66028 - 66028.6 of the Education Code).