Main Campus: The 241-acre campus is bounded on the east by the Orange Freeway (Route 57), the south by Nutwood Avenue, the west by State College Boulevard and the north by Yorba Linda Blvd.
Address: 800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton, CA 92831-3599
History: Founded in 1957 by act of the California Legislature. Classes began in fall 1959 in rooms leased from the Fullerton Union High School District. First commencement held June 1960. First classes on main campus began fall 1960.
The main campus consists of 110 permanent buildings, including student housing for 1,980 residents and the 585-seat Gastronome dining complex. Other recent additions include the Children's Center, the Student Recreation Center, Steven G. Mihaylo Hall and the University Police and Emergency Operations Center. Additions also have been made to the Joseph Clayes III Performing Arts Center, Paulina June & George Pollak Library, Titan Student Union, which has a 1,200-seat events pavilion, small theater, food court, pub, bowling alley and conference rooms.
A wing added to the Kinesiology and Health Science Building in 2003 includes the Center for Successful Aging. The Charles L. and Rachel E. Ruby Gerontology Center is home to the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. The 10-story College Park building on Nutwood Avenue houses the College of Communications and College of Education, and also provides additional classrooms and office space for staff and faculty. Three parking structures — completed in 2004, 2006 and 2010 — provide parking for about 5,500 vehicles. With the addition of the parking lot alongside Titan Hall, the overall number of university parking spaces in Fullerton has expanded to 11,507.
Additional Locations: The Irvine Center offers mostly upper-division and graduate-level courses in a convenient location for students who live and work in southern Orange County. Other campus satellites include the Grand Central Art Center in Santa Ana and Tucker Wildlife Sanctuary in Silverado.
Fullerton Arboretum: The Fullerton Arboretum, developed in cooperation with the city of Fullerton, is located at the northeast corner of campus and is open to the public. Heritage House, built in 1894 and moved to the 26-acre preserve in 1972, is a historical museum. A visitor and conference center includes a museum devoted to the agricultural history of Orange County and the contributions of Japanese-Americans.
Fullerton Marriott: A full-service hotel opened in 1989 on the southeast corner of the main campus in a project involving the Marriott Corp., the city of Fullerton and the university.
Titan Sports Complex: Revenue from the hotel venture was used to establish the Titan Sports Complex in 1992, featuring Titan Stadium (10,000 seats), Goodwin Field (3,500 seats), Anderson Field for softball, a track and full-sized soccer field.