CSUF News Service
Fast Pitch Contestants Experience High-Intensity Learning
Nov. 10, 2015; updated Nov. 16, 2015
CSUF alumnus and business entrepreneur Dan Black judges the Fast Pitch Competition.
UPDATE: Chopit Drones, college winner in the Fast Pitch Contest, has neted its first client, Anaheim Public Utilities. Latest information here.
More than 500 high school and college students, family and friends gathered for an exciting and high-intensity contest, where competitors competed against each other and the clock in Cal State Fullerton's Fast Pitch Competition Nov. 7.
Contestants had one minute to pitch their startup ideas before a panel of judges who rated them on their pitch delivery and content, including clear value proposition, compelling technology and scalability.
The three top university winners were:
- graduate student and start-up incubator resident John Tsui — Chopit Drones
- senior computer science major Jared Kotoff and business administration-entrepreneurship major Ray Campos — VIZLUX
- junior pre-business major Dane Johnson — Study Box
High school winners:
- Asha Bhattacharya from Esperanza High School — Mental Fitness Center
- Joshua Hernandez from Ayala High School — Tuck in Clip
- Josh Kewalram from Long Beach Polytechnic High School — Fresh Vend
The competition was sponsored by the Center for Entrepreneurship and Center for Economic Education.