CSUF News Service
CSUF Celebrates Student Diversity Through Cultural Ceremonies
April 19, 2016
California State University, Fullerton celebrates its diverse student population through a series of cultural recognition events in May leading up to Commencement 2016.
The cultural ceremonies and celebrations are open to all graduating students regardless of ethnicity or sexual orientation. All programs will be held in Portola Pavilion of the Titan Student Union unless otherwise noted.
Saturday, May 7
- 1-3 p.m. — Asian and Pacific Islander Graduate Recognition Ceremony
Reservations/more information: call 657-278-3742 or email APARC@fullerton.edu.
Sunday, May 8
- Noon-2:30 p.m. — Dreamers Graduate Recognition Ceremony
For more information and seat availability, contact the Titan Dreamers Resource Center at 657-278-3234, TDRC@fullerton.edu
Thursday, May 12
- 7-9 p.m. — LGBTQ Pride Recognition Ceremony
RSVP: 657-278-4218 or email email@example.com
Friday, May 13
- 6-8 p.m. — Pilipino American Graduation Celebration
RSVP: Pilipino American Graduation Committee at
Saturday, May 14
- Noon-2 p.m. — Pan-African Student Recognition Ceremony, Titan Gym
RSVP: http://www.fullerton.edu/aafsa/pasrc/students.asp. For more information, call 657-278-3230 or email AAFSA@fullerton.edu
- 5:30-9:30 p.m. — Chicano/Latino and Native American Cultural Graduation Celebration sponsored by the Chicano/Latino Faculty and Staff Association
Commencement 2016 ceremonies are scheduled for May 21-22 at various locations on the campus of Cal State Fullerton, 800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton, 92931.
Additional information on the cultural recognition events may be obtained from the Office of Diversity Initiatives and Resource Centers website or by calling 657-278-3234.
Pamela McLaren, 657-278-4852