CSUF News Service
Industry Leaders Gearing Up to Be 'Professors for a Day'
Engineering, Computer Science Careers Highlighted
Feb. 22, 2016
Mona C. Simpson
Alumna Mona C. Simpson of the Boeing Co. keynotes the Wednesday, Feb. 24, College of Engineering and Computer Science "Professor for a Day" event.
Simpson '87 (B.S. engineering–mechanical) will be among 21 guest professors — 14 of which are CSUF alumni — who will share their expertise and careers in the engineering and technology professions.
Simpson, Boeing's director of site services and manufacturing support, shared services group supplier management, will present “Satellite Orbits and Operations” at 1 p.m. at the Fullerton Marriott. Her keynote is by invitation only.
Last year, Simpson received the University’s Distinguished Alumnus Award and currently serves on the ECS College Leadership Council.
She has held several leadership positions at Boeing and, in her current role, is responsible for the contract management of domestic construction projects valued at more than $3.5 billion, including facilities services and the maintenance, repair and operations commodities used in the assembly of airplane programs.
Joining Simpson as guest professors are:
- Yousef Alinaghian '75 '77 (B.S., M.S. engineering-civil), president, CRC CLOUD
- Caecilia Gotama '82, '86 (B.S., M.S. engineering-mechanical) owner, PSPF Holdings LLC
- Sean Peasley '88 (B.S. computer science), principal, Deloitte
- William Purpura '76, '79, '83 (B.S., M.S. engineering-mechanical, MBA), managing partner, Dargon Development
- Olivia Stella '08, '10 ( B.S. computer science, M.S. software engineering),
software engineer, Panasonic Avionic
Guest lectures, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., will be held at the College of Engineering and Computer Science, 800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton, 92831.
The event is being held during National Engineers Week to promote a diverse and well-educated future engineering workforce by increasing understanding of, and interest in, engineering and technology careers.