CSUF News Service
Student Researchers to Represent Campus at Statewide Contest
March 25, 2016
Among the student researchers who will be competing at the CSU wide competition in late April, is Julianne Truong.
Ten Cal State Fullerton student researchers from across disciplines will represent the University during the 30th annual California State University Research Competition April 29-30 at Cal State Bakerfield. The researchers were selected during a campuswide contest held in February.
Graduate students competing during the statewide competition:
- Hussein Al-barazanchi of Fullerton, computer science
- Jose Arevalo of Placentia, kinesiology
- Joris Hoogsteder of Santa Ana, music-composition/theory
- Shawn Ricardo of Fullerton, computer science
- Aditya Vamala of Fullerton, mechanical engineering
- Savannah Lewis of Placentia, senior, biochemistry
- Michael Mann of Santa Ana, senior, civil engineering
- Robert Ontiveros of Brea, senior, biological science
- Elizabeth Sanchez of Fullerton, senior, sociology
- Julianne Truong of Corona, senior, biochemistry
Cal State Fullerton students have a record of bringing home honors in the statewide competition. Last year, Titans brought home one first place and two second-place finishes; in the 2014 contest, CSUF competitors brought home four first-place and two second-place honors.