CSUF News Service
Nature Hikes, Art Classes and Bird Walks Among Springtime Offerings at Tucker
Feb. 6, 2019
Tucker Wildlife Sanctuary is offering seasonal bird walks for beginning to intermediate birders on Feb. 17 and March 23.
Tucker Wildlife Sanctuary is offering a variety of nature-inspired activities this spring, including hikes, bird walks, adult art classes, Scout Days and more. All events are open to the public.
February events include:
- Saturday, Feb. 9 — National Boy Scout Day from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., featuring free tours for scouts and a habitat restoration project.
- Saturday, Feb. 16 and Saturday, March 16 — "Inspired by Nature" art class for adults from 12:30-3 p.m. Cost: $30
- Saturday, Feb. 17 and Saturday, March 23 — Seasonal bird walk for beginning to intermediate birders from 7:30-9 a.m. Cost: $5 per person
Other March events include:
- Saturday, March 2 — Family hike and activities from 10-11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, March 9 — National Girl Scout Day from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., featuring free tours for scouts.
- Sunday, March 17 — Fairy and Butterfly Day from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Sunday, March 24 — Family scavenger hunt from 1:30-3 p.m.
- Saturday, March 30 — "An Evening in Nature" from 4-6:30 p.m.
For a complete list of events and more information, visit online. Space is limited; reservations are required for most events and may be made by calling 714-649-2760.
Tucker Wildlife Sanctuary, owned and operated by Cal State Fullerton since 1968, is celebrating its 90th anniversary this year with a variety of events and special programs. The outdoor education center is located at 29322 Modjeska Canyon Road, Silverado, 92676. Proceeds from the events benefit outdoor education programs for children.