CSUF NEWS SERVICE
CSUF in the Nation’s Top 5 Universities for Enrollment, Degrees to Hispanics
Oct. 14, 2020
Hispanic Outlook on Education ranks Cal State Fullerton No. 4 in the nation for awarding bachelor’s degrees to Hispanic students, in the magazine’s “Top 100 Colleges and Universities for Hispanics” list released this week.
CSUF — a U.S. Department of Education-designated Hispanic-Serving Institution — ranks at No. 11 in the nation for Hispanic enrollment in four-year schools. In addition, the university is No. 21 nationally for awarding master’s degrees to Hispanics students.
This fall, CSUF has more than 41,000 students enrolled, and Hispanic/Latinx students compose about 46% of the student population.
Five of Cal State Fullerton's eight colleges rank among the top 10 in the following areas of degrees awarded by major:
- No. 2 in communication, journalism and related programs degrees
- No. 3 in business management and marketing degrees
- No. 6 in education degrees
- No. 6 in parks, recreation, leisure and fitness studies degrees
- No. 8 in visual arts and performing arts degrees
Hispanic Outlook on Education magazine generates its annual "Top 100" list using data from the U.S. Department of Education.
Contact Cerise Valenzuela Metzger, firstname.lastname@example.org