CSUF News Service
Emeriti Support Students With $26,000 in Scholarships
Oct. 2, 2020
The Emeriti of California State University, Fullerton awarded 13 scholarships totaling $26,000 to graduate and undergraduate students who have shown scholastic achievement, university accomplishments and community service. The scholars were recognized at a virtual celebration in September.
Seven graduate students were honored with the Benson scholarship:
- Yuri Enokida, education and multi-subject teaching credential
- Rebecka Hahnel, psychology
- Jonathan Mazur, education
- Cynthia Pena, public administration
- Erin Perkins, history
- Giovanna Reinking, instructional design and technology
- Jose (Jozef) Robles Cuevas, sociology
Six undergraduate students were awarded the Emeriti Memorial scholarship:
- Vincent X. Edwards, public health
- Rachel Fu, political science
- Amaya Gregory, biological sciences
- Andrea Gutierrez, business administration-accounting, finance
- Justin Morris, communication
- Rebecca Smith, psychology and multi-subject teaching credential
The Russel V. Benson and Betty L. Benson Scholarship Fund was established in 2014 as part of a gift from the estate of Russel Benson, professor emeritus of mathematics, who served Cal State Fullerton for 18 years.
The Emeriti Memorial Scholarship Fund was founded in 1987 and supports upper-division undergraduates, graduate students and students in the Guardian Scholars program.
To support student scholarships, visit giving.fullerton.edu.
Contact: Karen Lindell, firstname.lastname@example.org