Cal State Fullerton business students are offering free tax preparation and filing assistance for low-income individuals and families through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. Students participate on a volunteer basis and are trained and certified for tax preparation through the Internal Revenue Service. The program complements their coursework and provides hands-on experience that can help them decide if they want to pursue a career in tax.
CSUF Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
Fridays and Saturdays, Feb. 1 through April 13 (closed Feb. 15)
9 a.m.-4 p.m. (last client call 3 p.m.)
Room 008 Education-Classroom Building
California State University, Fullerton
800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton, 92831
Parking is available for $2 per hour or $8 for a daily permit on weekdays.
Those seeking services must be full-year California residents with an annual income of $60,000 or less per household. Married couples must both be present if filing jointly; no married filing separately. Assistance is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Applicants must bring:
- Picture identification
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Letter for all individuals listed on the return
- Passport for international student
- W-2s, 1099s and all other tax-related documents for 2018
- Form 1095-A, B or C health insurance coverage statement
- All 1098-E and T forms for educational expenses
- Childcare provider name, address, phone number and tax ID Number
- Last year’s income tax return
- Voided check if using direct deposit for refund
- If itemizing: DMV vehicle registration notice, property tax bill for residential home and other necessary documents