Cal State Fullerton’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute offers a series of free, public lectures to help plan the essentials, from staying healthy to estate planning.
Jan. 23 – April 9
9:30 a.m. to noon
Cal State Fullerton, Ruby Gerontology Center’s Shapiro Wing
800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton, 92831
- Jan. 23 — “Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Skin Cancer” with dermatologist Julie Hodge
- Jan. 30 — “Identity Theft and Fraud” presented by University Police Corp. Jose Rosales
- Feb. 6 — “Prevention and Treatment of Degenerative Arthritis” with internist Michael Fabricant of St. Joseph Medical Group
- Feb. 13 — “Maximizing Your Social Security Benefit” by certified financial planner John C. Pak
- Feb. 20 — “Estate Planning: Probate and How to Avoid It” by estate attorney Jay D. Fullman
- Feb. 27 — “Hoarding and Cleaning Out the Clutter” with Penny Lambright of Clutter Cleaners
- March 5 — “Joint Replacement” presented by orthopedist Kevin Khajavi
- March 12 — “Retirement Income and Preparing for a Rise in Interest Rates” with Zelda K. Benson, managing director of investments, Wells Fargo Advisors LLC.
- March 19 — “Navigating the World of Genealogy” with Nancy M. Huebotter, genealogy lecturer
- March 26 — “Hearing Problems: What You Need to Know” by Jane Steckler, clinical and rehabilitative Audiologist at Practical Hearing
- April 9 — “Basic First Aid Training” presented by Sue Fisher, CSUF emergency management coordinator
$8 for a daily permit Monday through Friday.
OLLI is a self-supporting University affiliate group of more than 1,700 retired and semiretired individuals dedicated the pursuit of lifelong learning. For more information about the organization, these and other OLLI programs, visit the OLLI website.