President Mildred García conferred the emeriti title on a number of campus people in December, including three alumni who had a combined total of 95 years of service to their alma mater.
- Spencer Colman ‘99,’02 (B.A. political science, MPA – urban management), senior project manager emeritus in December in recognition of 36 years of service;
- Owen Holmes ‘93 (M.A. political science), associate vice president emeritus of government and community relations, in honor of 31 years; and
- Judith Valona ‘95 (B.S. physical education) was honored as executive assistant emeritus, for 28 years of service.
- Christina A. Goode, professor emeritus of chemistry and biochemistry, in honor of 27 years of service;
- Albert Flores, professor emeritus of philosophy, in recognition of his 26 years of service;
- Margie McMillan, confidential assistant emeritus, for 15 years of service; and
- Jeremiah Moore, associate dean of students emeritus, for 41 years of service.