The 16th annual CSUF New Music Festival once again highlights new themes and explorations in contemporary music, bringing artists to share their talent and expertise with the campus community. This year’s theme is “To the Ends of the Earth: Music From Iceland to Australia and Beyond.” Professor of music Pamela Madsen is the festival’s artistic director.
Wednesday, Feb. 22-Sunday, Feb. 26
8 p.m., unless otherwise noted
Meng Concert Hall, unless otherwise noted
Cal State Fullerton
800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton, 92831
This year’s performances include:
- Wednesday, Feb. 22 – Cellist Ashley Bathgate (Bang on a Can)
- Thursday, Feb. 23 – Los Angeles Percussion Quartet
- Friday, Feb. 24 – CSUF New Music Ensemble
(with guest artists Annie Gosfield, composer, performer and artist-in-residence; Roger Kleier, electric guitar; and Cory Hills, percussion and spoken voice)
- Saturday, Feb. 25 – 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
EUREKA! Musical Minds of California Conference
Recital Hall, CPAC 119 and CPAC 120
- Saturday, Feb. 25 – Percussionists Vanessa Tomlinson and Cory Hills
- Sunday, Feb. 26 – University Symphony Orchestra With the Concerto-Aria Competition Winners
Kimo Furumoto, conductor
Additional information, a full schedule and tickets are available online.
$2 per hour or $8 for a daily permit Monday through Friday; free on weekends. Details are available online.