More than 350 students, faculty and staff gathered May 4 to recognize the contributions of Cal State Fullerton’s student organizations to the University and beyond.
Nominated by the campus community, the recipients of the third annual Tuffy Awards are:
- Adviser of the Year: Risto Marttinen, assistant professor of kinesiology, Physical Education Teacher Education Club
- Emergent Organization of the Year: Criminal Justice Students’ Association
- Collaborative Program of the Year: STEM Expo
- Outstanding Advocate of the Year: communications major Elizabeth Wilbur
- Titans in Action Award: Circle K International
- Program of the Year: American Studies Student Association Symposium
- President of the Year: child and adolescent development major Ashley Allen, Child and Adolescent Studies Student Association
- Student Organization of the Year: Eta Sigma Gamma, National Professional Health Education Honorary, Delta Rho Chapter
- Titans’ Choice Award: Titan Rover
- Titans Leaving Their Legacies: business administration-accounting major Vizan Giri and kinesiology major Kayleigh Bates
“The Tuffy Awards recognize the important role our student organizations play in cultivating a positive student engagement environment,” said Gleanne Kienzler, student organizations coordinator. “We hope that students are able to reflect on the lessons learned from their involvement and take the leadership and organizational skills they gained with them wherever they go.”
The Tuffy Awards are presented by the Office of Student Life and Leadership, and sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs and the Student Success Initiative.