To give Cal State Fullerton engineering and computer science majors insight into professional careers, alumni and industry leaders will share their experiences and expertise during “ECS Week.”
From career to club fairs, to an industry talk and “Professor For A Day” with professionals, College of Engineering and Computer Science students get an opportunity to learn firsthand how their CSUF education translates into real-world application in the workforce.
CSUF alumni participating as guest professors on Thursday, Feb. 22, include:
- Caecilia Gotama ’82, ’85 (B.S., M.S. engineering-mechanical), founder, Gotama Building Engineers
- Darrell Jodoin ’85 (B.S. engineering-mechanical), director, global development, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Henry Martinez ’75 ( B.S. engineering-electrical), senior vice president, water infrastructure, Cordoba Corp.
- William J. Purpura ’76, ’79, ’83 (B.S., M.S. engineering-mechanical, MBA), managing partner, Dargon Development
- Steven Soria ’00 (B.S. computer science), development manager, Watson compare and comply, data science, IBM
- Greg Wright ’00 ’08 (B.S. biological science, M.S. biology), director, heart valve therapies and research and development, Edwards Lifesciences
Guest lectures will be held from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at the College of Engineering and Computer Science.
Other ECS Week events are:
Industry Talk — 12:30-2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 20, student housing complex, Pine Hall, Room 111, featuring small group discussions with industry professionals from local companies such as Southern California Edison and Northrup Grumman.
Spring Welcome and Club Fair — noon-1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 21, ECS Courtyard, hosted by the ECS Inter-Club Council, in collaboration with the dean’s office. Features student organizations and networking with ECS faculty and staff.
The events are being held during National Engineers Week to highlight the contributions of engineers and computer scientists to society, and to promote the importance of math, science and technical skills in the workforce. For more information, visit online.