The Cal State Fullerton Philanthropic Foundation Board of Governors has named two new community members.
The new members are Scott Coler ’85 (B.A. business administration-finance), president and principal of Capital Pacific Real Estate, and fellow business administration alumnus Charles Harmon, senior manager, administration division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
A real estate veteran with more than 30 years in the industry, Coler has overseen the construction of more than 3,000 homes and approximately $1.5 billion in revenues. He has served as past president and a sponsoring board member of Mihaylo College’s Executive Council, as a board member of the Real Estate & Land Use Institute, and was recently appointed to the Dean’s Advisory Board.
As a senior manager in America Honda’s administrative division, Harmon has oversight of the company’s corporate procurement and corporate services areas and American Honda’s Office of Inclusion and Diversity. He also provides oversight of the corporate travel program, which serves the needs of 12 Honda companies throughout North America. Harmon serves on a number of boards, including the Southern California Minority Supplier Development Council and the Honda Federal Credit Union.
Also joining the board are Vanessa Acuña ’02, ’03, ’07 (B.A. liberal studies, teaching credential, M.A. educational leadership), immediate past president of the Cal State Fullerton Alumni Association, as the alumni representative, and Joshua Borjas, president of CSUF’s Associated Students Inc., as the student representative.
The mission of the Philanthropic Board, a nonprofit auxiliary organization, is to build and strengthen relationships with the community and encourage advocacy, as well as investment and support of Cal State Fullerton.
This year’s board chair is Kerri Ruppert Schiller ’82 (B.A. business administration-accounting), senior vice president and chief financial officer of CHOC Children’s.
Other members of the executive board are:
- Joseph Hensley, president for US Bank, Orange County, as chair-elect
- Jeffrey S. Van Harte ’80 (B.A. business administration-finance), chairman and chief information officer, Jackson Square Partners LLC, as vice chair, nominations and governance
- Gina Fales ’94 (B.A. business administration-accounting), managing director, Janus Capital Institutional, serving as vice chair, finance and investment committee
- David Doran ’75 (B.A. business administration-accounting), as vice chair, audit committee
- Dick Ackerman, retired state senator and principal, Ackerman Consulting, as vice chair, advocacy
- Gary Green ’80 (B.A. business administration-finance), executive vice president and manager, California Bank and Trust, vice chair, resource development committee
- Mike Weisman ’76 (B.A. communications), partner and chief executive officer, Amusement Park, serving as vice chair of the marketing committee
- Paul Carter ’92 (B.A. political science), partner, Bergkvist, Bergkvist & Carter LLP, as executive committee member-at-large