The College of Education is honoring teachers, administrators and other educators who have made an impact in the life of others at the Saturday, March 2, Honor an Educator Luncheon and Ceremony. The noon-2 p.m. event in Titan Student Union Portola Pavilion is open to the public.
The Honor an Educator program was created in 2006 to recognize educators who have made a difference in the lives of others, and to provide scholarships for current College of Education students.
The college’s 2019 Distinguished Honorees are:
- Willie J. Hagan, president emeritus of California State University, Dominguez Hills and CSUF interim president (2012) — Distinguished Education Leadership Award
- Paola Yuribe Rosenberg ’08, ’17 (B.S. biological science-molecular biology and biotechnology, M.S. education-secondary education), a science teacher at Kennedy High School, Anaheim Union High School District — Distinguished Alumni of the Year Award
- Scott Turner ’07, ’09, ’18 (B.A. criminal justice, M.S. education-special education, doctor of education in educational leadership (Ed.D.)-pre-K-12 leadership), executive director of the East San Gabriel Valley Special Education Local Plan Area — Distinguished Alumni of the Year Award
- Orange Unified School District — Distinguished Education Excellence Award
- SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union — Distinguished Education Partner Award
Teacher Created Materials is the event’s presenting sponsor. To attend or to sponsor and honor an educator, visit the Honor an Education website.