We are reaching out to you in light of the tragedy that occurred on campus this morning to offer support. Acts of violence can affect us in unexpected ways, and with this shocking incident occurring within our own community, we anticipate that people may feel impacted and concerned. We are here to help and want to offer you the following resource information:
- Counseling services are available for any student who is feeling impacted by this tragic situation through Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
- If you, as a student, would like to speak with someone, feel welcomed to come to the CAPS front desk. CAPS is located in the Student Health and Counseling Center Building on campus and is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- If you, as a student, would like to speak with a therapist outside of normal business hours, you can call CAPS at 657-278-3040 and speak with a therapist 24 hours a day.
- The Dean of Students team is also available to assist students who are struggling as a result of this incident. Our office is located in TSU-243 and we are open Monday through Friday between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. You can also call us at 657-278-3211.
- The Confidential Victim Advocate can be reached at 657-278-3928.
- On-campus safety escorts can be accessed through the University Police Department at 657-278-2515.
In times of tragedy, it is important that we come together as a campus community. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you feel like you need help or assistance. We are here for you.
Hallie Hunt, Dean of Students
Jaime Sheehan, Director of Counseling and Psychological Services