There’s no better way to learn how to succeed in business than to hear it from the people who have done it themselves. That premise is the heart of the new Executive in Residence program at Cal State Fullerton’s Mihaylo College of Business and Economics.
Spearheaded by Michael R. Groff ’78 (B.A. business administration-management), retired president and chief executive officer of Toyota Financial Services, the program will provide students with opportunities to engage with accomplished leaders in business, startups, government and nonprofits.
“We are very excited about the new Executive in Residence program,” Groff shares. “CSUF does a great job supporting the academic side of student development, and this will supplement existing programs that help build a bridge between the academic world and the business world.
“We’re bringing in successful executives who will share their life lessons with future business leaders through mentoring, group discussions, project support and such. The vision is to make Executive in Residence one more important benefit of being a Titan business student.”
Martha Leon, senior in management and president of Mihaylo’s Business Inter-Club Council, expects the program to be very beneficial for students. “I’m looking forward to seeing how the program will connect students through business clubs or classes so all students can gain knowledge from the executives.”
Executives participate on a volunteer basis. In addition to Groff, the first group includes:
- Scott Coler ’85 (B.A. business administration-finance), president, Capital Pacific Real Estate
- Paul Folino, executive chairman emeritus of Emulex Corporation
- Barbara Kelley ’84 (B.A. business administration-accounting), partner at HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors
- Joe Moderow ’70 (B.S. economics), retired general counsel at United Parcel Service
- Linh Nguyen ’98, ’17 (B.A. business administration-management, MBA), vice president of Advance Beauty College and co-founder of Refresh Events OC
- Richard Ramsey, former vice president, Walt Disney International
- Julie Virjee, director of Yambi Rwanda
For more information on the program, contact Jenny Zhang at 657-278-4841 or email@example.com.