Among the recent honors and awards received by Cal State Fullerton programs, faculty, staff and administrators:
Extension and International Programs received four national awards from the University Professional and Continuing Education Association for excellence in interactive media, e-communications and the Fullerton Arboretum website redesign.
Ken Hagihara, lecturer in communications, was inducted into the Public Relations Society of America’s College of Fellows Oct. 19, recognizing his contributions to advancing the public relations and communication field.
Bey-Ling Sha, dean of the College of Communications, received the D. Parke Gibson Pioneer Award from the Public Relations Society of America Oct. 21, honoring her efforts in increasing awareness of public relations within multicultural communities and promoting issues that meet the needs of such communities.
Jocelyn Read, associate professor of physics, has been elected a 2019 Fellow of the American Physical Society. Read, an astrophysicist, was awarded this recognition for her “contributions to the understanding of extreme matter within neutron stars, including its effects on gravitational-wave observations, and for the inclusive recruiting and mentoring of next generation gravitational-wave scientists.” Read joins three other CSUF physics professors who have received this honor.
In addition, President Fram Virjee has conferred emeriti status on the following individuals in recognition of their many years of service to the campus community. They are
- Patricia Butcher, lecturer emeritus of geological sciences, in honor of two decades of service to CSUF
- Karen Ivers, professor emeritus of elementary and bilingual education, for 25 years of campus service
- Laura LaBudo, academic technology center coordinator emeritus, honoring two decades of university service
- Bill Meyer, professor emeritus of theatre and dance, for 35 years of service to Cal State Fullerton
- Susan Smith, director emeritus of payroll services, in recognition of 14 years of service
- Susan Tschabrun, librarian emeritus, in honor of 33 years of service in the Pollak Library
- Stephanie Vaughn, professor emeritus of nursing, for 14 years of campus service
- Jim Volz, professor emeritus of theatre and dance, in recognition of 28 years of service to CSUF