Did you know Comm Week is back in person this year? The 44th annual Comm Week conference, hosted by the College of Communications, is taking place in the Titan Student Union from April 25 to 29. Titans will have the opportunity to attend informational sessions and panels presented by communications professionals during this multi-day event.
More than 40 professionals will provide industry knowledge and career insights. Some of the speakers include:
- Suzi Brown, Vice President of Communications for the Disneyland Resort
- Alyssa Walker, Fashion Photographer for SHEIN
- John Pantle, Agent for Sound Talent Group
- Michael Young, Tourism Development Manager for Visit Anaheim
- Thomas Saenz, President of Lucid Communications and Director of the Permanent Diaconate for the Diocese of Orange
- Russel Hicks, Founder and CCO of Curiosity Ink Media, a subsidiary of Grom Social
- Kristina Wade, Management Supervisor for Envoy
- Emily Cunningham, Los Angeles Regional Consultant for PRC-Saltillo
- Caitlin Mueller, Clinical Marketing Manager for Lingraphica
All who are interested in learning more about communications-related fields such as advertising, film, graphic design, education, entertainment, journalism, marketing, public relations, animation, career development, and human communications are welcome to attend. Events are free and open to the public, except for some special events organized by CSUF clubs and organizations.
The following clubs and organizations* are participating in Comm Week:
- Student Speech Therapists and Audiologists Nurturing Cultural Enrichment (S.T.A.N.C.E)
- Entertainment and Tourism Club (ETC)
- Public Relations Student Society of America, CSUF (PRSSA)
- Advertising Club (Ad Club)
- National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ)
- Latino Journalists of CSUF
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Club
- Hispanic Public Relations Association – Orange County Chapter
*Some events organized by clubs and organizations may require proof of membership or an entry fee.
Comm Week is an opportunity for community members and college students to learn more about the various career paths after graduation. At this conference, attendees can expect to receive valuable information and tips from professionals, connect with those who have similar interests, and network with guest speakers.
Comm Week is organized and facilitated by the Comm Week Task Force, which is composed of students enrolled in COMM 497T, the Event Planning and Management course taught by Professor Waleed Rashidi.