Business leaders and entrepreneurs are among the incoming members of Cal State Fullerton’s Philanthropic Foundation Board of Governors, the nonprofit auxiliary organization established to build and strengthen relations with the community and encourage advocacy, investment in and support of the university.
New Board Members
- Sylvia A. Alva, president, Cal State Fullerton
- Laura Archuleta ’86, ’91, president and CEO, Jamboree Housing
- Maysem Awadalla, president, CSUF Associated Students Inc.; student representative
- Paul Carter ’92, partner, Bergkvist, Bergkvist, and Carter, LLP
- Tricia Esser ’91, president and CEO, KTGY Architecture + Planning
- Kathleen (Kathie) Hodge ’71, retired president, Fullerton College; alumni representative
- Darren Jones ’91, executive director, technology strategy and transformation, The Walt Disney Co.
- Jonathan Morales ’06, managing director for community and business development, JP Morgan Chase
- Payman Roshan, senior vice president and area manager, Kaiser Permanente Orange County
- Pamela Schweitzer ’82, retired, assistant surgeon general and 10th chief pharmacist officer, United States Public Health Service
- Chris Venhoff, senior vice president, U.S. Bank, branch banking market leader for Orange County
Board Chair and Board Chair-Elect
- Board chair: Tam Nguyen ’05, president, Advance Beauty College
- Board chair-elect: Jon C. Smith ’02, partner, Assurance Practice, Ernst & Young LLP
Returning Board Members
- Michael Boomsma, senior vice president of education and facilities, Cordoba Corp.
- Joseph Cervantes, executive vice president of operations, R.D. Olson Construction
- Bill Cheney, president and CEO, SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union
- Matt Clabaugh, principal, The Valencia Group Inc.
- Ajá Reneé Clarke, chief of staff, office of the CEO, Southern California Edison
- Scott Coler ’85, president, Capital Pacific Real Estate
- Rachelle Cracchiolo ’71, ’76, CEO, Teacher Created Materials
- Terry M. Giles ’70, owner and president, Giles Enterprises
- Gary Green ’80, executive regional director, California Bank & Trust
- Laurie Haack, ’79, ’06, radar software product line manager, Raytheon Technologies Corp.
- Tina Javid, regional public affairs manager, Southern California Gas Co.
- Robert E. Jechart ’79, founder and CEO, RJE Enterprises
- Larry Labrado ’97, director of corporate social responsibility and strategic initiatives, Disneyland Resort
- Peter W. Mitchell, president and CEO, P.M. Consulting Inc.
- Sonny Nguyen, CEO, 7 Leaves Cafe
- Scott O’Brien ’77, chairman, The Safariland Group
- Ingrid Otero-Smart, president and CEO, Casanova/McCann
- Gregory J. Saks, vice president, University Advancement, Cal State Fullerton
- Douglas G. Stewart ’87, chairman, Marts & Lundy
- Kathleen Taylor ’82, investor/co-owner, retired, MV Properties
- Natalie Tran, chair, CSUF Department of Secondary Education; director, Ed.D. Program; faculty representative
- Paul Treinen ’90, managing principal of office, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- Jeffrey S. Van Harte ’80, chairman and CIO, Jackson Square Partners
- Stefanie Light ’96, chief of operations, University Advancement, Cal State Fullerton; secretary
- Jason Ono, CFO and assistant vice president, University Advancement Administration and Finance, Cal State Fullerton; chief financial officer
For more information, visit foundation.fullerton.edu/governance/governors.aspx.